Labels

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

SOL17 Sunrise and sunsets

As I walked out of rehab, I saw the sun slip under the horizon, tired from its day's work. I was keenly aware of the way the sky came alive in the moments before the sun rested.  In my mind, the soundtrack from Fiddler on the Roof began to play.  The good-bye conversation with my aunt replayed as the soundtrack continued,  "This is hard, really, really hard," she said softly, "I am really tired  and I can't keep my eyes open.  I just want to shut my eyes."  As I watched the sun set, I thought about the collective centuries of happiness and tears the residents of the rehab, at my back, had known.   As I made my way back to the Parkway, my mind wandered to thoughts of my newborn grandson, a tiny miracle whose eyes are excited to be open as he takes on in his new world, a little more each day.
Sunrise sunset
Swiftly flow the days
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears



1 comment:

Ramona said...

Interesting to see where that sunset took you, from the hard work of a loved one in rehab to the miracle of new birth. Love the pic you captured of the sunset.