Labels

Saturday, January 20, 2018

A First Reflection on My Writing Life

It was early on a Saturday morning, eight years ago, when I dipped deep into my well of courage and took a big risk sharing my writing with anyone who happened to find this blog in cyberspace. If you were to go back and read my first entries, they were safe, informational pieces sharing research or describing how the weather impacts teachers!

Then, two years later, after regularly reading the Two Writing Teachers Blog, I challenged myself to participate in the Slice of Life Challenge for the month of March.   It really was a bit risky to think that anyone would even read my words, but this 30 day challenge changed my writing life!     

I've learned a lot about writing through writing. I know it is easier to write about small moments and tiny snippets (good and bad) of life and harder to write about the really big things! It's hard to write when your life turns upside down and when you are sad to the core.   I've learned that comments make me write more and that the more I write, the easier it gets.

Perhaps, writing is like exercise.  The more you do it, the easier it gets and the better the writer gets!


No comments: