Labels

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

#sol19 A tiny flower


"Look at the purple," he begged as he grabbed my hand to show me the single, tiny purple flower nestled in the garden rubble. "It's bu-ful!" he sighed as we examined the tiny miracle that somehow emerged from some wayward seed that nestled in garden rubble. At that moment, I was so glad I had not, yet, cleaned out that garden bed!  

"It's spring," his cousin offered, "and it's so pretty." We stood around the single flower, a gaggle of preschoolers that was quiet for a moment as they admired the spring miracle.

To be honest, there were bushes filled with thousands of emerging forsythia buds and patches filled with daffodils in the neighbors' yards; but, the tiny crocus of unknown of origin was at pre-school-eye-level and within inches of the impromptu sand-dirt-construction-pit on a warm spring morning filled with hope and promise.

Like spring itself, this tiny flower was a reminder that bright sunshine will surely follow dark days.









2 comments:

Kelsey corter said...

I originally copied this: "as we examined the tiny miracle that somehow emerged from some wayward seed that nestled in garden rubble," to share how much i love this line, but as I continued to read, I could have quoted the entire piece! I love the captivating way you've shared this moment. Thank you!

Celia Fisher said...

This is such a lovely description and just captures how that one tiny purple flower is more significant than all the others. Love the last line!