Labels

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

sol#19 One Tile and Then Another

I'm in my office,
The only place free of construction dust.
Listening to the glorious, hopeful sound 
Of tile installation,
Scraping, tapping, 
The whir of cutting, resizing,
Wonderful sounds.

It's been 9 weeks
I could say endlessly long.
I could say hopelessly long.

Yet there are walls, now.
There are floors, now.
There is heat, now.
There is water, outside, now.

"It will go fast, now," they say.
"I hope so," I think.
"Cabinets tomorrow," they say.
"Appliances tomorrow, too," they say.
"I hope so," I think.
Hopeful words. 


3 comments:

Ramona said...

Hoping things will move quickly for you. Remodeling brings so many challenges, not the least of which is the time it takes (which always seems to be double what they tell you). I've been there and hoping you can see the light soon.

JanCT said...

Hang in there! It's always so hard to be patient when the end is in sight.
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

Betsy Hubbard said...

It sounds like an exciting time! The gratitude you will feel once the dust settles will be worth every moment and hopeful sound you hear.