Labels

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

#SOL November 30 Terror, Thankful

 


It was early evening when I heard the sirens and saw the lights rush past.  I glanced out my window to see a terrifying sight in the night sky.  The flames danced as if overjoyed to race through old walls; yet, there was a family whose lives were altered.


This time,
There is much for which to be thankful:
The family was safe,
Their pets rescued,
The house, saved.

So during this season, 
I give thanks for those
Who serve as firefighters.

PS: This is a good week to donate to volunteer firefighters 
and check your smoke detectors! 

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I know this was terrifying! Thank you for the shout out to fire and rescue.

Stacey said...

I'm not sure if my husband checked our smoke detectors when the clocks fell back. Your post is a good reminder for me to remind him to do that this weekend.

Fran said...

Fires during holiday seasons seem to be particularly devastating although fire is always such a greedy critter. Glad everyone is safe.