Labels

Friday, February 8, 2019

Disability Simulation and Dreams

Use link below

I went through the learning disability simulations on this PBS site (look under the Attention and Reading tabs) as I was preparing to teach a class about Universal Design for Learning (UDL) adaptations. It was a scary reminder of the perspective of so many of our students - of all ages.

I must have been thinking about learning differences as I drifted off to sleep because I woke up in a panic, dreaming I was in a large auditorium with the room spinning around and the Ted Talk garbled! I think I screamed, "Make it stop," but perhaps I only dreamed that too.

I guess I needed the reminder of how necessary it is to adapt our learning for the diverse learners in all our classes. Thanks again PBS for providing life-long learning.

No comments: