Labels

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

#SOL23 April 4 Promise of Good Eats

 

.
Deer were a recurring theme 
When a I lived deep in the woods.
Admittedly, "I" was in their territory.
Now, I live 10 feet from my neighbors
Not far from busy highways.

Deer were a recurring theme
As I wrote every day in March
Leaving babies for "day care"
Crossing highways for "better eats."

Deer seem to be a recurring theme
As this new month begins
With a promise of new life, good eats,
Family gatherings and celebrations
"Keep hope alive," as she samples
Golden forsythia blossoms?



5 comments:

Ms Chiu said...

The repetition of the first line skillfully connects past, present, and future. May your new month also include-
“a promise of new life, good eats,
Family gatherings and celebrations”

Becky Leff said...

A lovely poem, linking your life with the deer.

Anonymous said...

As I drove to church Sunday a deer nearly ran in front of me, turning back into the small woods at the last moment.
Diane Anderson, (newtreemom)

Leigh Anne Eck said...

This last stanza makes me infer that forsythia would be delectable to a deer! Lovely poem.

arjeha said...

Living where we do in PA we are constantly on the lookout for deer when we are driving.