Labels

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

#sol23 A Wise Sage

"Had the best day, yesterday," Mary said as we waited,
"sitting on the porch, listening to the rain, talking to my grandchildren.
Now they are older and we have become 
good friends with shared history.
It wasn't always this way. 
It used to be port-a-cribs and fighting over toys. 
I used to be sad as I watched them get older, 
driving, graduating and now getting married.
Now, I know the best days are right now!"

I'm pretty sure Mary is a wise sage 
who knew I needed to hear that 
before another little-one
kayaked into the pond of life. 






 

5 comments:

Fran said...

Wow, did you write this for me? I am still at the port-a-crib and sad seeing them growing up stage of grandparent-hood. Your wise friends words really speak to me and are very encouraging. And also , what an important reminder… every time is the best!

Melanie Meehan said...

The most important time is now-- a big yes to that, and one I keep reminding myself of, as well as the people around me.

Cathy Hutter said...

Your words are so what I needed to hear today - the best days are right now. I need to try to see the world with that mindset today. Thank you for expressing this so well.

Joanne said...

yep, feel the same way - just spent a weekend with grown children and a grandchild and nothing could be better than small chats and walks with those with shared memories!

arjeha said...

I agree that the most important rime is now. The past can't be changed. The future hasn't happened. Enjoy the moment.