Labels

Thursday, August 31, 2023

#teacher education August 31 That First Day of School Feeling

 


It's here, again, marked by advertisements for backpacks and social media pictures of children with smiles marked by nervous excitement and a clear awareness of the busy road ahead.  

It's here, again, for me as I begin another school year!  I really did think I was going to "retire"; but, a couple of courses I really wanted to teach were offered and I accepted!  

Those first day of school jitters I have had since I was 5 are back, just like always,  I was awake at 3 and antsy as I await for class to begin later. I've reviewed my class lists and my slides. I have a new notebook and a sharpened pencil ready.  I have a new outfit ready to go.  

Crazy as it seems, after many, many first days of school, the feelings are the same!  As the sun breaks through on this late August morning, I am grateful for one more semester supporting teachers so they can support students.!

No comments: