Labels

Saturday, May 3, 2014

#celebratelu Celebrating Dreams, Hopes and Wishes

  






It's Saturday and I'm going to celebrate thanks to Ruth and her Saturday morning celebrators who every week nudge me to do so! http://www.ruthayreswrites.com/ 

1) It's going to be a sunny Saturday and I'm very shortly off to the big city for a seminar; thus, that in and of itself is a reason to celebrate after a week of sad and often serious weather situations. 

2) It appears that my alliterative side is in full bloom even if the flowers are a little late so that would also be a reason to celebrate; however this week I am actually celebrating dreams, hopes and wishes: the ones that survive in spite challenges and the ones that sustain us throughout the challenges of our professional and personal lives.  

3)  As I prepared for my end-of-the-year evaluation, I did some self-reflection on what I had accomplished during this past school year and what I wanted to do in the future.  I'm sure that more than one principal has rolled his/her eyes when I left the office after sharing my dreams.  I am grateful that my current principal at least listens and embraces them! 

4) Among the ideas and images for next year that pop into my mind are this: I want to have a "take a book-give a book area" in the lobby next year like Sarah Kizzer. What a great idea! I could do this!  
http://nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/take-a-book-leave-a-book-by-sara-kieffer-kizzier/
View this content on WordPress.com's website
5) I (still) have many school dreams.  I want to be more organized and more prepared every year.  I want to make some of my dreams a reality, however, like this one: I want to have a school-wide poetry month in April next year even though it is a testing-preparing and stress-filled month! I want to have poems in the hallways and on the stairways.  I want poems posted on bus ceilings and in the bathrooms too!  Short funny ones that will make kids smile.  I want them posted near the mailboxes and on the morning bulletin for teachers.  Poems of encouragement that will sustain us all. I want to post a poem a day all month long.   http://www.pinterest.com/pin/114138171779516945/ 
A Schoolwide Celebration of Poetry | Scholastic.com
6) As I reflect on my home-life and family, I also have hopes and dreams. I hope that some cleaning-fairy will arrive to cart off the dust bunnies and that some shopping-fairy will arrive with bags of fresh veggies and fruits to sustain us each week. I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking (and dreaming) about how to make this one happen! 
7) Finally, last but certainly not least, I pray that my growing family will continue to surround and sustain me and each other with the love, fuel and fortitude that only love, friends and families can provide.    

1 comment:

Loralee said...

Enjoyed reading your celebrations!
I like the book exchange idea!