Labels

Sunday, February 18, 2018

How do you teach writing effectively?

Dear Grad Students,

The essential question for this semester's writing class is: How do you teach writing effectively?

SO this morning, when my "virtual" friend, and writing guru, Stacy Shubitz's post popped into my feed with the "answer" I wasted not time to read it! 

http://blog.stenhouse.com/archives/2018/02/16/the-secret-to-teaching-writing-well/

I "know" Stacy through her Two Writing Teacher's site's Slice of Life sharing. I "know" snippets about her family, her struggles, her joys and what makes her "tick" and I already knew the answer I would read in her Stenhouse newsletter post! 

In fact, I have hinted at the answer to you, my grad students.  I've "made" you write, share and comment in blogs and Google docs for the past 6 weeks.  I've asked you to infuse writing into your classrooms and into content areas.

I've encouraged you to consider the roles of mentor texts, interactive writing, and assessment. 

In truth, Stacey's post, above, it the essence of this class you have paid a lot of money to take! 
In truth, Stacey's post is why I will be trying to write every day during the March Slice of Life Challenge. 
In truth, it's why you need to write to be an effective teacher of writing! 

https://twowritingteachers.org/category/slice-of-life-story-challenge/



 

No comments: