Labels

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

#sol18 Living in the present

On Sunday, 
Eggs were nestled in the grass
Waiting to be found.
A neighborhood rabbit 
Stopped by with candy
Yet,
A small bit of sand,
Washed from under the patio
Captured the imaginations
Provided enjoyment
Filled trucks with sand.

I thought of the week's sadness
I reflected on the holiday
I wondered how I could be so lucky
I pushed away my sad feelings
I forgot all the work awaiting me
I remembered my OWL
I focused on the moment
As I watched them dig

Do not grieve over the past
Do not be troubled about the future
Live in the present
Make it worth remembering.
  Ida Scott Taylor.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Fun time. It was a beautiful day and new beginning.

The Purple Lady said...

It's important to set aside sadness to enjoy the present delights. Sometimes, I forget to do this thing. Thank you for the reminder that it's a decision.

Deb Day said...

I always find Easter week a bit sad anyway, but it is the time to focus on being in the moment and appreciating what is before us.