Labels

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Check it out

As I mentioned in class this week, reading has changed a lot in the past decade.  I am amazed at the amount of time I spend reading online - and know that this is not a trend that is likely to change. 
As noted in the photos below, books are indeed important to me; however, this new way of reading, thinking and publishing is here to stay because it offers us ALL ways to connect and learn that are extraordinary. 
This blog is one that you should certainly check out! 
http://creativeliteracy.blogspot.com/

The author talks about and reflects on her own practice and the changing world of electronic learning that includes terms I would have never even thought of a few years ago such as digital mentors. 

Like this author, "my own beliefs about my own best practice have evolved over the years as I have learned more and taught more."
Like this author, "I think we have to constantly think about why and what we want our kids to be able to do and look thoughtfully for tools and mentors that will compliment our goals for students."

So, if you happen across this site because you are a one of my grad students looking for resources or ideas OR if you happen on this site for any other reason, go check out this blog post...and also consider including some PARTS of digital books in your units of study....
 AOL Kids, Toon Book Reader, You Tube, National Geographic Kids ,

No comments: