Labels

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Refreshing, renewing, resolving

I must admit that I did not make the traditional (for me) bold resolutions to 1) lose weight, 2) exercise more and 3)get my life organized.  I've made those goals and they are still out there - too big to ever be accomplished for too long!  I will always be 1) watching my weight, 2) trying to get healthy and 3) trying to stay organized as long as I am alive!

Yet there are small changes that this new year does call me to consider.  Like the annual "professional goals" we commit to each year, there are things that I do hope I really can do this year.  I am also HOPING that IF I make my "goals" a little bit more public by writing them down, then I MIGHT be more likely to get them done.....we'll see....

* I'd like to write / blog more about not only my life, but also my thinking about our ever demanding profession.  To that end, I hope to write at least a couple of times each week (I might need to get an IPAD to help with this goal)!!!

* I'd like to take pictures of my work in classrooms and record some of my better lessons (and the ones that flop too - they both are important to remember!)

*I'd like to get SOME OF the easy-to-read texts I have been writing for 20 years published....some how...even if I have to do it myself!!!!!!

I resolve to try - after all, it is a new year - a gift of sorts - and I want to make the best of it!!!!!!






No comments: