Labels

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Lots to Celebrate


Discover. Play. Build.
 
It was a three-day weekend,
Followed by a four-day-work-compressed week.
A zillion running records inter-mingled with
Word lists, phoneme assessments,
Writing assessments, IEP assessments,
The stress of report card time,
Mid-term grad-student papers,
And a relentless sinus infection.
 
Yet, I have much to celebrate including
A family birthday party
(with a rainbow cake that has gone viral)
Dinner with my son
(and his friend Jake)
Brunch with my daughter
(on her way to a friendship bracelet making party)
A financial planning meeting with my aunt
(who was cooperative)
Quality time with my mother
(who I am lucky to still have)
 
 
 


3 comments:

Lyssat said...

Sounds like lots of family happiness for you this week. I love that!

Leigh Anne Eck said...

Sounds like you had a stressful week but still managed to find things to celebrate! I had to chuckle at the "cooperative" aunt! Been there - done that! Have a great week.

Carol said...

Wow! Sounds like a super busy, stressful week! And you still managed to find lots to celebrate! I think you deserve a pat on the back, or another, extra big slice of that rainbow cake!