Labels

Sunday, March 14, 2021

#sol21 March 14 This Old Tractor



This tractor had had been in retirement,
After years of hard play and many children
It was clearly loved and used,
Already old, wobbly, and rusted,
When it came to entertain 
My children
Providing years of wagon pulling,
Dirt hauling and racing
Across lawns and gravel driveways.

After a few more decades of retirement,
It was older, wobblier, and more rusted,
When it came out to entertain
My grandchildren
Who have finally
Driven it into the ground.

According to Ebay
In mint condition, it would be valuable
I prefer to call it, a good value,
Or prehaps, invaluable.  


 









5 comments:

Meredith said...

So many memories on that tractor! I like how you put the EBay image in your slice, but can tell that this toy is priceless. Cute slice!

Dr. Kimberly Haynes Johnson said...

A toy like that is a member of the family!

Glenda Funk said...

I love the ending comments in value. What good is a pristine tractor w/ no memories of children playing with it? There’s a song I remember from my teen years. The first line is “I guess it all comes down to wear your heart is...” The heart of this post made me think of that.

Diane Anderson said...

It reminds me of my brothers’ big yellow Tonka dump trucks... oh, the hours of fun they provided.

Leigh Anne Eck said...

Definitely invaluable! Like Glenda said, what good is it if you don't play with it!