Labels

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Let it Go Parody

May and June are VERY stressful for teachers.
The days are endless.
The workload heavy.
There is an unbelievable amount
Of stuff to do as we prepare
To close up shop for the summer.
NO other business does this 
Shut down-open up thing!
As much as I love July and August..
I wonder, every year, if this stress is worth it?

Lately, whenever we see each other
Passing by, in the hall,
Rushing to the bathroom
Late for a meeting, 
Planning for next year, 
A colleague and I go into 
"Let it Go," mode.

She usually breaks into the chorus,
I figured we needed some words!
So, here, with deep respect for a very popular song, it is!


The blooms glisten on trees today
The birds are starting to sing
A schoolyard in transition,
It definitely looks like spring.

Let it go, let it go
You will not believe what I have to do!
Let it go, let it go
Not sure if I can or can't wait
For this year to be through! 

I know too well
What they're going to say
I've got folders, binders, and spreadsheets to do,
I don't know how at this moment, but
I'll somehow figure how to get through!

Let it go, let it go
I will be free in when summer arrives
Let it go, let it go
I will dance when I see summer skies!

Here I stand
And here I'll stay
While the storms-of-spring in school
Make us all gray!

My classroom looks like a hurricane
There are papers, projects and even a few rhymes
A happy thought crystallizes this warm spring breeze
We could, if we had a chance, celebrate this moment in time.

Let it go, let it go
This will all be over soon!
Let it go, let it go
We'll smile again at the end of June!

No comments: