Labels

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Cards

Ho, Ho, Ho
Last week, my mother IMPLORED me to send out Christmas cards this year - in order to help save the US Postal Service!  I guess I really am partly guilty for their financial pressures as I have NOT been a regular "sender of birthday cards" or notes during the past few (many?) years. 

However, I really do enjoy getting Christmas cards and letters in the mail and until the past few years, I DID send out semi-personal notes and cards to friends and family.  In the years when my lives were filled with the likes of beach vacations, summer baseball, and college plans, it was easy to craft a note. In the past few years, it has been not so easy. It's not that my family and I did not have lots of great things to report; rather, it was just that there were so many critically important to us - but so very sad  - things that even I did not want to put on paper. 

I still enjoy getting notes and cards...even though I have noticed over the past few years that many of my friends did not send cards ...and I suspect that many of them were in the same dilemma as me!

I'd say I could make a POST into my card this year; however, it would NOT be very personal and it would NOT help the US POSTAL SERVICE.

Maybe....I could send out a few cards?
 

No comments: