Labels

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I hope you remember how I made you feel

I "let myself" read 3 blogs this morning as I mentally "prepared" for the "longest" day of the year and the next to the last day of school - for kids in my district  This blog was my first stop.....and it's ringing in my ears as I drink my coffee and prepare for the longest (calendar) day of the year!  http://dogtrax.edublogs.org/2012/06/20/she-said-dont-forget-me/

To be honest, I've been teaching a long time and I do not remember all of their names. 
To be honest, I have trouble remember which of my Jessicas is which without my "cheat sheet."
To be honest, THEY do not all remember my name. 
To be honest, lots kids merge a fellow reading teacher and me into one common name, "Fulrerri." 

Yet, I know that I am a small part of who each of them is and what they become. 
They do not think of my name when they "tap out a ccvc word."
They do not think of my name when they order a book from Amazon.
They do not think of me when they pick a college/

Yet, I hope they remember how I made them feel about books, learning and themselves.
I hope I have inspired them and empowered them - ALL - to be ALL they WANT to be. 
   

No comments: