Labels

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Falling Off "The Wagon"

Kate Messner and my virtual "writing buddies" at my virtual "Summer Writing Camp" have been writing like crazy lately; however, I've had a harder time writing of late.  Perhaps it is the SUPER busy end of the year stuff (I still have another week of school) or perhaps it is because I am teaching an amazing group of grad students during this intense (for all of us) Summer I schedule.  Perhaps it is just that I have been too busy to stop and see the beauty in the small moments of life. Perhaps it is the lingering sadness that has kept me from functioning at full throttle.  I'm not sure, but I am reflecting about my "struggle" because I am pretty sure our kids feel the same way some days (weeks, months, years?).  AND, I do hope to get back on "the wagon" this week!

Anyway, During her Friday Writing Happy Hour (yes I know it is Saturday), Kate suggested we "choose something we love" and let it inspire a poem."  I collapsed into bed early last night thinking about bedtime snuggles with someone I love.......

Damp curls against my shoulder
The pace slows
Another tale of Queen Bee
The plot flows
Now it's my turn, she implores
I remember the time, she begins
I remember everything, she boasts
The stories flow
The snuggle continues


  

No comments: