Labels

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Put a smile on your teacher's face

Do you ever wonder what you could do to put a smile on your teacher's face? 

Write your teacher a note.  Tell them something you are doing that you learned about in their class.  It might be long division or it might be writing a powerful lead.  If you are one of my grad students, it might sound something like this....

"I'm doing regular guided reading groups (DAILY!) now and get to each of my 22 students every week.  I do Marie Clay running records on large post-its for each kid each week and put them into the student's reader's notebooks with some notes for my own records."

 
You won't see it, but that teacher will smile from ear to ear and then do a (virtual) cartwheel down the hall!  There isn't the big money that stock brokers make in this profession, but if we share our passion for learning, we make far more than money, we make a difference.
 

No comments: