Labels

Friday, April 25, 2014

Poem in Pocket Day



When I see Tweets like this
I smile.
I think of my own poems
Shared quietly yesterday,
Poem in Your Pocket Day

Poems of Purple Cows
"I'm sure that's my favorite poem."
Smiling, lovingly tucked into pockets
First graders at the beginning 
Of long literacy journeys
Poems of Dreams
"What day is this?"
Grad students not sure,
Yet, smiling,
Placed in a pocket, notebook, backpack
For the long journey ahead.




 NEVER saw a Purple Cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.


Read more at http://www.poetry-archive.com/b/the_purple_cow.html#SCJ5rXhqV9Ud567m.99

Dreams

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow. 

No comments: