Labels

Saturday, April 18, 2015

#celebratelu2015 When did that happen?







I've missed a few "celebration" Saturdays.
Slice-of-life, busyness, life-stuff, family-stuff, 
Disappointments, disagreements, disillusionment,
Worries, concerns, paper to read.
Then, as I ran out the school door,
Rushing to meet with a new care-giving team,
Worried that I would be late,
Concerned that I might add stress to a difficult time,
These, magical spring blossoms took my breath away.
Where had they come from?
When did this happen, I wondered?
Then, as I finally pulled into the driveway,
Rushing to maybe connect with my husband,
Hoping for a moment to talk,
Before I collapsed into a heap,
I noticed these beauties popping up between the rocks.
Where did they come from?
When did this happen, I wondered? 

So this morning,
I celebrate buds, blossoms,
Reminders.


Awaken Spring
And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
—Percy Bysshe Shelle






3 comments:

Linda B said...

I'm glad you're back, & that you shared your surprise gift of flowers 'popping' & those marvelous lines from Shelley: "rose from the dreams of its wintry rest." It's happened here, day by day, new color! Have a wonderful weekend, Anita!

Michelle Haseltine said...

I missed a whole week of blogging! I just couldn't do it. Life seemed too big. Love the pictures of spring. I know exactly what you're talking about. It seems I blinked and April is almost over. Glad you are back!!!! :)

Ramona said...

Isn't spring grand? I still love fall best, but spring is my second favorite season. So glad you were able to slow down and notice and then share this wonderful poem with us. I love the words from Shelley too. Good to see you here!