Labels

Saturday, March 24, 2018

#sol18 March 24 The Scourge of Drug Overdoses

Today, as the vestiges of winter
Give way to the promise of spring,
The scourge of drug overdoses
Hits close to home,
Again.

There are 100's of lives lost
Every single day.
Each one someone's child,
Sibling, relative, friend.

So today, along with praying for and working towards
Ending gun violence,
Join me in praying for and working towards
Ending the scourge of drug overdoses,
That have also stolen futures and
Shattered lives. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"Hits close to home...again"
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again. To experience it once is one thing, but I can't imagine twice. I will most definitely be joining you in prayer and my love to you and yours.

Chris said...

Prayers for those struggling with drug addiction, as well as their families and friends.

Unknown said...

Prayers for healing from loss and addiction.

Trina said...

I am sorry to heard of your loss. This week is the one year anniversary of a cousin who died because of alcohol poisoning. He left behind a beautiful daughter. I think this kind of loss is so hard. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Definitely joining in prayer. Peace to you.