Labels

Monday, March 26, 2018

#sol18 March 26 Monday Monday

Some of you, of a certain vintage, may remember the song, "Monday, Monday," by the Mommas and the Poppas!  

Lying in bed,
Waiting for the alarm,
In the early darkness, 
On a Monday morning, 
During the last week before spring break, 
When we find the students a little antsy, 
Teachers a little tense, 
The melody was on my mind
New lyrics in my thoughts!

Monday, Monday,
Don't like that day*
Monday, Monday,
Hope kids get out to play!
Oh Monday morning
You know how stressful
Four days can be?
Oh Monday Monday
This shortened vacation
I think I can see!!!


   * I may have used a stronger phrase than DON'T LIKE as I lay in bed this morning!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Oh, Anita, I remember the week before spring break. Sometimes I felt as if I was literally crawling to the Friday finish line. Hope the week goes by quickly and you'll be enjoying some well deserved rest soon.