Labels

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Life in a Lion's Den

Remember that old saying about how IF MARCH COMES IN LIKE A LION, it will go out like a lamb? 
Last Friday morning, we had a surprise 8 inches snowfall on my mountain that closed an interstate road for 3 hours - in the middle of rush hour!  As I drove home on Thursday night, I listened to the 880 news, traffic and weather people several times...and nobody even hinted that such as storm was a possibility! So this today, I thought I would look ahead.....and this is what I saw... .http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-ice-headed-back-to-the-no/62057
The forecast of ice and snow on March 1st is ANOTHER reminder that winter has NOT yet left...and there is no fury like a season that has not left its mark....I guess we are living this late winter season in a sort of "lion's den".....the weather can still wake up and remind us who is the boss!
I hope the weather people are wrong again this week! 

No comments: