Labels

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Love, Love, Love

Trust me!  It VERY hard to be too critical of those boys from England who shaped my first awareness of music; however, as the season of hearts, flowers and valentines prepares to overtake us, I am pretty sure that the Beatles (while a bit older) were as naive as I was when they promised, "Love, love, love, love is all you need."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLGWyfGk_LU
LOVE is indeed a powerful force that can determine not only the direction individual lives, but also the welfare of nations
Its public celebration on February 14th not only brings people into CVS  for hearts and flowers, it also provides an opportunity to stop, in our busy lives, and remind those we love and care about that we DO love and care about them.
However, real love is hard work and so after nearly 60 years of marriage, near the end of his days on earth, my Dad summed up what you need pretty well when he said, "love, yes, and tenacity!"







No comments: