Labels

Friday, February 24, 2012

Seasons: We Got Three Seasons

During this week of "winter vacation" that so many districts sacrificed due to the surreal weather of early September (Labor Day hurricane) and late October (the Halloween Blizzard), we have clearly had the opportunity to "participate" in 3 of the 4 seasons!  We had a very warm - nearly 60 degree - day with sunshine that made you think of the classic Indian Summer day of late fall.  The trees were bare assuring us that winter was on its way; however, the sunshine was reminiscent of summer.  Then we had a beautiful breezy day yesterday where you wanted to rip off your coat and let the breeze blow through your hair....reminding us all of spring and encouraging us to put away those winter coats and mittens and to shop for bright yellow and orange lightweight sweaters....I actually thought about doing so.....and if I had a few extra minutes yesterday, I would have browsed the "new" collection at TJ Maxx....but this morning, I woke up to the reminder that it is STILL February....and STILL WINTER in the northeast...and it STILL can snow and ice....
I COULD be discouraged...or I COULD rejoice that I got to experience 3 of the 4 seasons this week! The real irony in this year of crazy weather, is that there are districts nearby who were using TODAY as a MAKE UP DAY and who had to close AGAIN....sigh I guess that is called a "snow-day'-snow-day"....

No comments: