Labels

Saturday, December 29, 2012

What's Really Important?

I've spent a lot of time this past week reviewing journal articles and text book chapters that are worthy of my graduate students' precious little reading time.  It's an awesome responsibility as they are balancing the demands of multiple courses and a semester long mega-project with a student.  I know they struggle to "get it all done" and "keep it all in balance." 
 
At times, my mind wanders to those I know and love who also live very busy lives balancing the complex needs of growing professionally and managing personally.  I know they too struggle to "get it all done" and "keep it all in balance."  At other times, my mind wanders to those I know and love whose lives have slowed due to illness or frail health.  They too struggle to "get it done" and "find balance." 
 
All this reflection time has me pondering what is really important?  What is necessary and will help us grow as learners, teachers, students, parents, partners, friends and people?  Our days here on earth are indeed busy and, indeed, are few; thus, it is important to determine what is important and how we can all make the most of our moments! 

No comments: