Labels

Friday, May 31, 2013

Tug of War

Today was Field Day at my school and for the first time in a long, long time, I was assigned to "run" the tug-of-war.  I had totally forgotten how much kids love this game of tugging on a rope!  I used my prior experience to run the game this morning; but, tonight a quick Google research probe suggests:

Wiki says http://www.wikihow.com/Always-Win-at-Tug-of-War
1) Put the strong people at the front and back of your side.
2) Tell everyone  to pull with both hands and to lean backwards.


I say,
1) Line up people on alternate sides of the rope

2) So, when they fall, and they will fall. they don't hurt one another.
3) Remember that kids love to pull and tug on things
4) Enjoy your time outside - there are reports waiting you indoors!
3) Consider changing the name to something more politically correct :)


Now YOU know what I KNOW about "May the strongest team win"!
 
 

No comments: