Labels

Sunday, March 12, 2017

#sol17 Day 12 Reading Milk Cartons

"You are not going to believe this," he yelled pointing to a small image on the side of the milk cartoon. "This is unbelievable! "I buy at least 4 cartons a week and I never noticed this?  I've been drinking milk long before I became a dad!" he continued, perhaps a bit puzzled about how he might have overlooked this image on the side of the carton for so long!


"I'd recognized that cow anywhere. We say goodnight to him and all his friends when we read about the hippos, each and every night!"  


I guess that is what happens when you start seeing the world through a Daddy (or a Mommy) Brain. You realize that Sandra Boyton does more than write and illustrate board books for toddlers.  She also creates icons for milk cartons.  

I wondered what else?  So I Googled.. She went to Yale.  Her dad founded Boyton/Cook Publishers and were on the front of the writing reform movement.   She started out designing cards, images for clothing, coffee mugs......  Her first book was Hippos Go Berserk (1977), my Jack's favorite!  She has also written more than 60 songs!

http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/Introduction.html

3 comments:

Tara said...

Very cool - I never knew any of these things about Boynton either. Thank for sharing!

Michelle Haseltine said...

Wow! That's so cool! Perspective can certainly change the way you see things.

Ramona said...

Love this post from the viewpoint of a Dad. And I enjoyed the info about Sandra Boynton's life too.