Labels

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

#sol17 Day1: I'm Excited

I put my computer next to my pillow, apprehensive that it would be hard to rise for an early morning post. Silly me.  I was awake at 2:30, 3:30 and then again at 4 thinking about my "all about me"  post.  I ran through formats to succinctly and creatively share who I am!

I'm Anita and during the school day, I work with young readers and writers who find decoding, encoding, and/or comprehending a bit challenging.  I've been doing this for quite a few years, but I still get excited/teary/energized when one of my flock breaks through the barriers and emerges as a stronger reader or writer. I might slice about them.

I'm very lucky that I also work with teachers who are refining and reflecting on their craft after school.  Trust me, it's a lot of work to stay current, reflect on my own practice and determine the kernels of research and our craft most worthy of discussion.  Sometimes I think I am wacky for fighting the traffic in the big city and putting so much time into this gig for so little money; however, I ALWAYS leave energized and excited about those who are newbies in my profession. I might slice about them.  

I'm fortunate that my "grown-up" children allow me glimpses into their lives and opportunities to relive the wonder and of course the angst that comes with navigating the hills and valleys of life. I'm thrilled to be "Grammy" to three little people who are just beginning their literacy journeys. Every word they echo, every book we share and every walk we take around the yard reminds me of the magic and excitement of learning and growing. I might slice about them.

I've always wanted to be a writer and have notebooks and clouds filled with books, short stories and yet-to-be-published-writing ideas. I might write about or share them.

I'm a niece, sister, cousin, auntie, friend, mentor, lover of words, and I've experienced love, loss, hills, and valleys on this journey through life.. I'm a fan of social media and its potential to connect our busy lives and provide glimpses into babies, toddlers, middle school and even first teaching experiences! I might write about them too.

I'm excited!  I can't wait to read your stories (after I shower, get gas for the car,  get coffee for me, go to school, teach little people, write a few progress reports, attend a faculty meeting....)...... 

5 comments:

Aggiekesler said...

Love how the excitement permeates your piece! So glad you are back slicing! I enjoy your words. Happy first day! ��

fireflytrails said...

Thanks for sharing these glimpses of who you are. Fascinating - and inspiring. Your writing always speaks to me.

Tara said...

You are so many wonderful things...but I loved the part about how your kids share their lives with you. That is my singular joy in life, too.

Deb Frazier said...

Love this post! I may have to borrow this one day this month!
So fun to read and learn about you! I often laugh at what a nerd I am because I strive to keep updated and fresh--- this is no easy task!

The Purple Lady said...

I am excited to read more slices from you! This was a good one!