Labels

Friday, March 31, 2017

#sol17 Not Alone



I wrote every day
          Although I  didn't think I could
I remembered the power of writing
          Although I didn't think I had much to say
I learned that my words still matter
          Although I did not think they did
Thanks to my students
          Who think outside all the boxes
Thanks to my children
          Who send me precious slices of their lives
Thanks to my baby and toddlers
          Who are reshaping my perspective
Thanks to my nieces
          Who slither into my heart  
Thanks to my fellow slicers
          Who encourage and spur my thinking 
Thanks to this Daily Slice of Life Challenge
          Which has helped me to reflect
          Which has forced me to notice
          Which has spurred my own thinking
          Which has encouraged me to see what I was overlooking
          Which has reminded me: I am not alone
My words matter
          Although I had forgotten
I am a writer

13 comments:

Becky Leff said...

What a wonderful poem! You have summed up everything I was thinking and feeling about the Slice of Life. Right now I can't wait til next March!

Unknown said...

Your poem is the perfect format for reflecting on the SOLSC Challenge. Congrats on a month of writing.

Judy said...

You have said it all. Such a great place to write, share and reflect. Looking forward to Tuesday slicing.

Rita said...

I love your poem. It is perfect. Writing is hard and many people in my "real Life" don't understand that. Here I always feel like I am amongst kindred spirits. See you on Tuesdays.

Anonymous said...

I really like your poem. I love the line 'My words matter'. I'm going to use it with my students!

Michelle said...

Awesome post! Our words totally matter, I figured out the same thing this month! 😊

Tara said...

Your words do matter, Anita - and I was so glad to be able to read them all month long.

travelinma said...

No this community is a reminder that we are not alone. The support and encouragement is something that you can count on. How wonderful!

Mary Ann Reilly said...

Thank you Anita for your insights and words here. Words do matter, like community. I feel that I found a community here this month. I had not expected that. It delights me.

I love the way your poem rests on making assertions and counter assertions. We are nothing, if not complex.

Ramona said...

Yes, you're a writer and your words matter. So glad you joined us this month. Congrats on writing every day, even when you thought you couldn't.

Linda B said...

I always love reading your words, Anita. This is such a positive post, makes me happy for you, that you had a great time this March. See you on Tuesdays! Thanks for your comments, too!

Melanie Meehan said...

This poem is awesome. The repetition works to make a great rhythm and the overall message is so positive. I love this! See you on Tuesdays!

Michelle Haseltine said...

Your words matter. YOU matter! I'm so glad you showed up! You made this challenge a better place to be, by being in it! Thank you friend.