Labels

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

#SOL17 Day 21 Spring

The sun was a brighter orange,
As it made its trip over the horizon.
I'm certain the snow pile was smaller
There was a spring in his step
As the early morning jogger ran past.
I wore my lighter jacket
And turned the heat up in the car.

It's a subtle change,
To be sure,
Yet this morning
I feel a lot like Frog 
In the Arnold Lobel classic
Frog and Toad are Friends!
I want to shout out loud:

"Wake up birds, little critters,
Flowers, grass, and trees,
Wake up you chipmunks and squirrels!
It's spring, for real this time!
The sun is shining, 
The snow is melting.
We'll walk through the park
and run through the neighborhood.
In the evenings, we will sit 
On the front porch and
Count the stars!"



*Thanks Arnold Lobel for your timeless tale.

5 comments:

Michelle Haseltine said...

"It's spring. For real..."
HOORAY!!!

I love this spring slice!

john re reads said...

go spring
fav line - I wore my lighter jacket - me too

Stacey Shubitz said...

The 19 inches of snow we got last week is almost melted. However, my daffodils look scared to come out all of the way. I'm wondering if spring is really here. (Hoping it is!)

Linda B said...

There are few books sweeter than the stories of Frog & Toad. I love your post, Jone!

Tara said...

I am so ready for Spring, too - those piles of snow are finally melting!