So, while the snow swirls around me this morning, let me share my plans for those "give back days" thanks to Sandy:
- I'll be having a "beach" party theme in my little reading room.
- A tiny sandbox to write in will grace one corner of the room.
- Some lovely leis will be available to wear during reading times.
- I will get some sandpaper and us it to "border" or reflections and writing about the effect of Sandy, the storm, on our lives and our winter recess.
- I'll be wearing a NEW pair of "flip flops" (and maybe a pedicure!)
- We'll be "traveling" to some exciting places thanks to some great texts I found and adapted for my students featuring the the elevator at the Eiffel Tower, surfing in Sandy Hook, NJ (hard hit by the storm), eating pineapple in Hawaii, and sailing around the world!