This article from way back in May might is important to reread now as last minute jobs for next year are being filled. They suggests you should:
- Your application must be complete.
- Include key information
- MACK NO SPELING ERRERS
- Know information about the district
- Tell an authentic story about your experiences and philosophy
I would add:
- Dress professionally, but not necessarily in a 3 piece suit! Save the flip flops and tank tops for your celebration party!
- Think carefully about your word choice and the way you speak so that you can present yourself in a professional manner. Avoid words and phrases like "gonna" and "wanna" and skip the pieces
- Remember, those interviewing you are far less interested in your backpacking in Nepal than in how you will interact with students and parents.