Labels

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

#SOL2013 NO one paints inside closets, or so I thought!

In all my years of teaching, I had NEVER had a classroom painted and, I NEVER want to again! 


I figured, back in June when I heard someone was painting our needed-to-be-painted rooms that we would put our "stuff" in closets or in the middle of the room so they could paint walls.  I did NOT figure on them painting inside closets.  Gee. nobody paints inside closets or bookshelves unless they are moving into a new house or so I thought!

I was wrong and ALL the earthly belongings of my teaching career are now scattered aimlessly all around a room I share with 2 others teachers who have faced similar fates! 

On the bright side, I get to "deep clean" my classroom, just like I did when I moved rooms last year!
On the bright side, I have a bright white room to greet me every morning, this year!
On the bright side, the dark green trim and painted metal bookcases look great!
On the bright side, my school sure looks better than I can remember!

Fingers crossed!
So, I smiled when my former-student-now-turned-super-teacher-cloth-diaper-loving- wonder- mother-blogger posted this picture this morning.  It sure is one of the things I was thinking as I was deep in the piles late yesterday afternoon!

My other thought was this :)


 

9 comments:

Nanc said...

totally laughing with this one...I agree, no one paints in places like closets!!!! I love the last picture after you were trying to convince yourself of silver linings! xo

travelinma said...

I never would have dreamed that they would take the time to remove all your stuff and paint. Talk about overwhelmed when you first walked in....no wonder you need vacation! May your year go smoothly......

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

Funny! My classroom is being painted right now, after I spent arranging thinks and unpacking. Arghh!! But I choose to dwell on how nice it will be to have a freshly painted room at last to spend the school year in. It'll be worth it!!

elsie said...

Sometimes we are forced into reorganizing. The process is never fun but the results are usually worth it. Kudos to thorough painters, but a little heads up might have been nice.

Stacey said...

They painted inside of the closet?!??! Whoa! I never even worked in a school where they painted my classroom. Lucky for you they painted everything.

Yea for organization (and silver linings)!

Linda B said...

love the images, I might borrow the first one! The thing that happens at our school is that they remove EVERYTHING so they can wax the floors, even my office! So when I return, some of the things are in other places, some are piled on my desk. It is a challenge, yet sometimes that time I take arranging, and clearing the clutter is a kind of readying for what is to come. Guess you have a very clean and shiny school-have a good start, Anita!

Ramona said...

What a surprise! I would be appalled for someone to empty my closet - mostly because I tend to stockpile way too much behind closed doors. Good luck with the challenge of putting things back. So smart of you to look on the bright side!

Juliann said...

In my dream world, the people who do the summer work would understand what it is like for teachers to return in August to such surprises :)

Jaana said...

I will go to my classroom tomorrow morning with a smile on my face:-)My room did not get painted, but my floor was waxed so well that that everything had to be moved. I have a CLEAN floor for this year!