Labels

Sunday, March 29, 2020

#sol20 Day 29 Have a Great Day


I was immersed in finishing my work with a big mug of tea and my trusty laptop.  I noticed the familiar UPS truck stop a few houses away and noticed the time as I thought about the long days these folks seemed to be working. 

The driver went in and out of his truck and it seemed like he was delivering something to every house on the block!  Finally, he arrived at my house, wearing blue gloves and a mask, and leaving appropriate social distance, left a box on my porch. He smiled as he swept his arm around the neighborhood offering, "You get a box, you get a box, and you get a box. Have a great day!

"Thank you," I yelled, smiling at the Oprah inspired greeting as he was already back to his truck.
He was starting the engine before he had both legs in, waving as if it were required, and heading off to another delivery, a few houses away. 

"He's like as modern day, Pandemic Inspired Santa Clause," I thought to myself:

He jumped in his truck, in spite of the long day.,
But I heard him exclaim, have a great day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing how much we are starting to appreciate occupations such as the UPS drivers, grocery store workers, factory employees, and semi-truck drivers? In a sense, we are all one and cannot operate efficiently unless we work together.

I love the connection to Santa Clause!

Lisa Maucione said...

What a joyful UPS delivery!

Glenda Funk said...

Yes, the UPS driver’s arrival feels like a gift these days. Our driver never stays at our door long enough for me to thank him. I’ve been thinking about leaving a note attached to the door to show my gratitude for his tireless service.