Labels

Sunday, March 15, 2020

#sol20 March 15 One Walk and Then Another

I started the day with an early morning walk watching an amazing sunrise amidst tiny signs of early spring like pussy willow blossoms and crocus buds. Fortunately for me, who was feeling a bit alone, there were many, many others who had emerged before the sunrise and we acknowledged each other politely, at a distance, with comments such as, "lovely morning."  People were certainly more friendly than usual.

I fought my way through the grocery store scoring fruits, veggies, and even some off brand toilet paper. There were many others who had arrived early and we acknowledged each other politely, at a distance, with comments such as, "nice green beans."  People were far more polite and friendly than usual and certainly nicer than reported on the news.

After lots of cleaning and gardening, I decided to take a walk before eating dinner, alone. I  was planning on a short walk, but walking towards the late afternoon, setting sun along with seeing so many others sharing the sunset seemed to fuel my walk. People were friendlier than usual and encouraged each other with comments such as, "we can still get out and walk!"

As I headed to the shower, my knees were aching and my feet were tired, but then I noticed my Fitbit recorded 75,000 steps (to be honest, most of those steps were tiny ones, moving items in my garage from save, to Goodwill, to throw away) and I was filled with hope for this new stage of life. 

This morning, I am sore, very, very sore. 

2 comments:

Denise Krebs said...

It is nice these days to look at the positives--sunrises, sunsets, friendly neighbors, good work and exercise. Short or long steps, that is an amazing amount! I believe you would be sore.

Heidi said...

Wow! 75,000 steps. What an accomplishment. Keep it up.