Labels

Thursday, March 19, 2020

#sol20 March 19 Another Consequence


Twas a dark and dreary morn,
Working/learning/staying at home
Ruled the land,
Closed stores,
Cancelled appointments,
Everyday yoga pants, 
Why bother make up.

As I blew dry my hair,
It was clear
Another "consequence"
Not in the same category as
Fear, hunger, anxiety
Not as devastating as 
Isolation, pandemic illnesses,

Yet, a consequence
That might endure.
I'd talked about "going natural,"
But, there was always an excuse.
I'd complained about the time, money,
Risks,
This time, it's out of my control,
This spring, I'm going natural.
I'm guessing I won't be alone.



4 comments:

Glenda Funk said...

I transitioned to gray hair a few years ago, but I get a trim/cut, pedicure, eyebrow wax every month. Salons have not closed here—yet, but I’ve been thinking about what I’ll do if and when they close. That said, I’ve also been makeup free most days since last June, but I’m putting my makeup on during the lockdown. I’m doing my best to look my best, even though I’m not going out.

Celia Fisher said...

Yes it's definitely a possibility for me too. I've been doing streaks once a year so I have grey showing anyway, so hopefully it won't be too scary. Our lives are being turned around. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of Facebook posts about this! Your poem was fun to read.

Faith59 said...

Loved your poem. I was just texting about this issue with a few women. Who could have predicted a shortage of hair color. Like you, I've toyed with the idea, but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger. Now, I won't have a choice. You gotta laugh!