Labels

Saturday, March 5, 2022

#sol22 March 5 George Washington of DC

 


"What is the Little Man wearing now," she asked as the lawn accessory prepared for the holiday.  

"I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be Abraham Lincoln," I answered. 

"Oh yeah, he was one of the old time Presidents like Washington" she responded eagerly. "I know all about him.  He was Washington DC.  He probably liked comics.  I am not a big fan of DC comics, but lots of people are."

I eagerly made a note in my writer's notebook under ideas for SOL because I want to remember.

We certainly want students to make connections and inferences; however, it is also important to consider the challenges of multi-meaning-words and phrases. 









1 comment:

Stacey Shubitz said...

What a great photo!
I'm glad you captured the idea for this slice and the dialogue that was spoken so you could spin it into a slice. :)