Labels

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

SOL22 March 1 Starting Gate

 



Here I am: Anita,
A Complex Patchwork,
Mom, Meme, Auntie,
Cousin, Friend,
Teacher, Coach,
Teacher of Teachers,
Fan of: Great Books,
Aqua Bootcamp,
Avocado & Hot Tea,
Peace,
Fledgling Writer

I stand here at the starting gate,
Feeling as if I was returning
To the gym after a long absence,
Stomach churning, knees wobbling,
Wondering if I will complete the challenge,
Afraid of late posts, so many powerful writers,
Knowing I have done this before, nine times,
Assured I will feel amazing at the finish line. 



3 comments:

https://wordpress.com/home/mukhamani.wordpress.com said...

You will, definitely 😊

Becky Leff said...

I love your poem - so true for so many of us.

Maureen said...

This is so spot on - "Feeling as if I was returning/
To the gym after a long absence - I love this metaphor! We can do this, we know we can; and once we get rolling here, a few slices done, this will become easy and fun. Great to be in community with you again - and amazing how many slicers there are this year!