Labels

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Memories



Like everyone who knew "Kitty," I loved her.  She came into my life as a "package deal" when I chose to share my life with her son; however, I would have chosen her to be a friend if our lives had merged under different circumstances.  She was born on the Fourth of July; however, she was more than a "firecracker."  She was the "pilot light" that kept her family strong and together.  The  timing of her birth always made the holiday special and meant that a family celebration was in order.  There would be a picnic, somewhere, along with watermelon, blueberries and some form of a cheesecake (covered with berries) to commemorate the day.  She would not have been happy to wake up to rain on the Fourth of July (as we did today); however, she would have been optimistic for the potential the day held and she would have been  "tickled pink" with the blueberry muffins I am about to make! 

No comments: