Labels

Saturday, March 30, 2019

#sol19 March 30 A little bit of recognition

"Congratulations,"my watch said to me.  You met your step challenge again today.

I must admit I smiled and said, " Thank you" to the watch. 

"Only 300 steps to meet your goal," it said to me the next day as I settled on to the couch with a cup of tea and my laptop to read slices. 

"Seriously, I'll do a load of laundry and get them done," I responded to my prodding friend grateful for the reminder.

"You earned a marathon badge this week," it said as I  collapsed into bed early last night. To be honest, I already knew it had been a very long week and that I felt like I had run a marathon! Yet, the acknowledgement from my Fitbit put a smile on my tired face!

"We all benefit from specific recognition in order to stay focused on our goals," I thought as I gave my Fitbit a friendly pat, grateful for a full week and watch that could comment on my exercise level. 

The connection to our March writing challenge was clear as I drifted off to sleep: A little bit of recognition keeps you coming back for more, in all aspects of life. 


2 comments:

Jaana said...

Isn't it motivating to see those rewards pop up?? I was on a roll until I lost my (really old clip style) Fitbit this week. Trying to figure out a new accountability system now.

Terje said...

I too like some positive feedback, even when it comes from a little watch. I like how you captured your Fitbit conversation.