Labels

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#Slice of life 2013 #28 of 31 Reading, writing and responding will have to wait!



Long ago, I embroidered a sampler that haunts me.  I tried hard not to focus on cleaning and scrubbing; yet, if I had another shot at raising my kids I would have worried less about the bottomless laundry pile and spent more time making memories.
Today, I will have another chance to "practice what I preach."   There are is still laundry to do and the dust is piled high.  There are still papers to read, blogs to respond to, and a syllabus to finish; however, they will all wait patiently for me.  Beyond a shadow of a doubt, I am sure:
 
Cleaning and laundry will always be,
Papers and emails will wait for me,
I'll read and respond, in time,
But today will be spent,
Not in rhyme.
But in creating
Rabbit cupcakes,
Baby bunnies,
Memories                                                          .   

15 comments:

Julie Johnson said...

I love the message in this poem. It's so very true. Enjoy!!

Kevin Hodgson said...

Sometimes, we need to push away the papers and just take in life for what it is: those small moments. A perfectly-themed post for Slice of Life.
Kevin

Melanie Meehan said...

Great reminder, Anita. I have Irma Bombeck's piece, If I had My Life to Live Over, on my desk. Sometimes when the days aren't so great, I study it. It's easy to forget what really matters. Thanks for starting my day with what does.

Anonymous said...

This speaks to my heart.

Judy said...

Time goes by so quickly and our children and grandchildren grow up and we seem to be so involved with life that we forget those little things. Enjoy and make memories - the cleaning and laundry, etc will always be there to complete - some day.

Carol said...

Sounds like you have a terrific day in store. The laundry, and the dust, and the schoolwork will always, always be there. But little ones grow up and move on. Happy bunny cupcaking! Make lots of memories!

BK said...

Let it all go without guilt... I want one of those bunnies.
Bonnie

Linda B said...

Thanks for the message, Anita, & I think I'd better be thinking of something fun to do for the grand girls for Easter-like bunnies! Have a great day!

marika said...

Have a wonderful time just being with your family!

Laura Komos said...

This is definitely a reminder that many of us need to have! :)

Kay said...

I find it a constant struggle to balance the ever-growing to-do list with the better things in life. Enjoy making memories today. You have inspired me to take time to dye Easter eggs this weekend.

Beth Scanlon said...

Wise words as I sit here and look a the mess and consider playing Barbie zombies with my daughter which was one of her two requests for spring break. Enjoy the day!

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

Wise words, indeed...good for you that you were able to zoom in on the important stuff that cannot and should not wait.

Tam said...

You have it! Memories have to made at a certain time all the time. I'm retired and still am not the cleaner of dust and folder of laundry. Enjoy. I love your small poem but very meaningful.

Dana said...

A great message indeed.