Labels

Sunday, March 9, 2014

#sol14 March 9 Spring's Ahead

This morning,
White mountains are ever present,
On the edge of the driveway,
Ice fisherman are out,
On frozen ponds and lakes,
Snowmen are standing proudly,
Confident, perhaps even cocky, these days.
Playgrounds, parks, ball fields, frozen in time,
Waiting silently, patiently, anxiously.

This morning,
The clocks spring forward,
A sign, a single sign,
Spring's ahead!

This afternoon,
Lacrosse sticks, baseball gloves,
Bats, balls, bikes
Will emerge hesitantly from hibernation,
More signs, assured,
Spring's ahead.




3 comments:

Jaana said...

Love your positiveness! And I think I just heard the birds chirping outside my window!

Michele Knott said...

Loved the cocky snowmen part! I'm hoping springing forward will be the start of spring too!

Tara said...

I like your positive take, too. Let's hope....