Labels

Thursday, March 13, 2014

#sol14 March 14 I Call Them Readers






I call them readers,
When they are blending
Letters into words,
Words into sentences,
When they are reading
Those phonetic readers,
Including those paper books I have written
(that I hope to someday publish)
When they are reading
The Scholastic phonetic pseudo-chapter books,
I am Sam, A Lot of Hats.
When they maneuver
Through Little Bear,
Danny and the
 Dinosaur
To Young Cam Jansen

I know I have done my job well,
No APPR has a category for this,
When they ask
To stay a few more minutes to finish a chapter,
Or to take home a book or two. 


5 comments:

Holly Mueller said...

Those are the moments that are truly special - when a student WANTS to read more!

Tara said...

Cause for celebration, Anita!

Leigh Anne Eck said...

Well done, faithful teacher!

Alyson Beecher said...

Well done and congratulations! Such a great feeling.

Linda B said...

My granddaughter is just entering this phase, & I love those little books, Anita! I hope someday I can read your stories too! Special gifts you are giving!