Labels

Monday, March 31, 2014

#sol14 Right Now, On This Last Morning in March

It's March 31st and I've made it to the finish line.

Right now I am:
  • Glad I've written of the smiles and laughter of every day life even on days when my mind has been preoccupied, or my heart has been breaking.  
  • Reminded that we're not promised tomorrow. Share your love, laughter and gifts with those you love and care about.  Try not to sweat over the small stuff.
  • Hopeful that I can take the wisdom of the ages to heart: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference
  • Grateful that I accepted this challenge, again. It has changed how I think about writing, spurred endless conversations, and opened doors I did not know existed.
  • Honored that anyone would take time to read my thoughts..  
  • Respectful of writers.  Playing with words and organizing thoughts is work. I want to always remember this when I criticize a student's work.  
  • Thinking about some reading-writing posts that I need to organize and publish.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Read more at
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/reinholdni100884.html#7ClJWZKpJ3KaX0E8.99
  • Taking no credit for this format.  I am proud to say I used a mentor text http://justforamonth.blogspot.com/2014/03/right-now.html from someone who used a mentor text http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2011/03/-right-now--3.html.  I wish our student-writers knew that it's OK to share formats as long as you give credit and writer your own ideas!
  • Looking forward to next year, this empowering community, and the adrenalin inducing power of this month long writing marathon.
  • Confident that some of this writing energy can be moved onto to the treadmill.  My own April challenge will be to exercise every day!  Thank goodness April only has 30 days! 

::

7 comments:

Michelle Haseltine said...

Anita, I love this post and I too am honored that you stopped by and offered beautiful comments. Best of luck with your April challenge! Will you be blogging about it?!?! Happy Walking!

Julie said...

This was the perfect way to end the 31 day challenge. Best to you on your next one!

Kevin Hodgson said...

Nicely put and listing always covers a lot of ground. Have a great April!
Kevin

Loralee said...

What a wonderful list. It is easy to see it was written with much reflection.

Tara said...

I am especially feeling this, Anita,
"Grateful that I accepted this challenge, again. It has changed how I think about writing, spurred endless conversations, and opened doors I did not know existed."
Thanks for all the supportive comments!

Linda B said...

It was a pleasure peeking into your life, Anita. Why do I remember, but I do remember that terrible time chiseling the ice off your windshield at the bottom of your drive with a credit card, & you fell. What a winter, & now that you've written all those descriptions, you can prove that it was bad! Best wishes to you in the April exercise-it will be good to be outside! Thank you for all my comments, too!

Beverley Baird said...

What a lovely way to end the month! Loved your choices!