Labels

Thursday, March 21, 2024

#sol24 March 21 Springtime Visitors

 

'Twas 8:01, on the first full day of spring
They descended upon us, ready to do their thing.

Dressed in protective gear from head to toe,
Even their eyes were covered as they started to blow.

With noisy tractors, loud motors and 
An old-fashioned rake,
They seemed to know just what it would take.

It was noisy and dusty and clearly not fun,
Then, I turned and noticed that they were done.

The leftover leaves and bountiful sticks,
Were all gone and loaded into their yard-waste mix.

It's a privilege to have someone 
Do my spring yard clean,
When they finished,
The grass even looked green!

4 comments:

Dr. Kimberly Haynes Johnson said...

Oh, to have a crew come and do the greening of the lawn! We'e still recovering from a prescribed burn, so we'll see the greening of the pine forest bed before we see good greening of the lawn/weeds. I love how you brought them in using a Seussical rhythm and rhyme - - at first, I thought they were going to be kindergartners with runny noses honking with sound effects and then I realized.....the lawn doctors!

franmcveigh said...

WoW, what a picture and a sense of a job well done in your poem today! I was thinking of robins or squirrels or even blue jays jammering away. But to have that yard task done. What a dream that is your reality!

arjeha said...

I wushu we had a service like this available. I got about half of our yard cleaned up. Now I need some more warm days to go out and finish .

Betsy Hubbard said...

Love a good stick pick up and sprucing of the lawn. Enjoy the green.