Labels

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

#sol24 March 20 Intermingled

 

As I walked through the park bursting with pink buds and golden blossoms on the first day of spring, the sun was bright and yet the breeze was as cold as it was in January. Determined to complete my three miles, I pulled gloves from my pocket and tightened the scarf around my neck just as the first flurries surrounded me. For a moment, frankly, I was mad at the sun for luring me out into the cold for this walk. Then, as the sun and the occasional flurries intermingled, I settled into a good pace and some serious reflection.

Frankly, I have found it hard to be a fan of meditation, but I go, sometimes, in hopes of quieting the little worry monkeys in my head.  Usually, my mind wanders to problems I plan to solve or the problems I cannot solve; however, sometimes, the mediation does seem to "stick" because I think of the message of the meditation when I am walking or swimming. 

Today, the message of a recent meditation (which I am paraphrasing) intermingled with the sun and flurries this morning.

"Like the seasons of the year, that mingle and mix," she said, "your personal seasons are interspersed with the people and events that are part of everyone's life.  

During your winters, there was certainly days of heartbreak, loneliness, and illnesses that made you sad and tested your faith in things becoming better. 

Then, without fail, you find yourself with signs of spring where there were opportunities for new beginnings and hope for the future. Yet, you surely found that the cold winter breezes joined you even as you welcomed spring. 

When you least expected it, you would find yourself in a summer season where there were many distractions and everything was happening so fast you could hardly catch your breath. Yet, there were times when that sadness of winter still found its way into your days.

For each of us, there have also been many falls when we reflected on our successes as well as our failures and pondered our next steps. Fortunately, even during the days of deepest reflection, the voice of spring will often pop through the clouds and offer reminders of the hope for new adventures in the future. 

The personal seasons of life are ongoing and intermingling throughout our lives, just like the seasons of each year are ever changing and intermingling."

For me, the most valuable mediations appear to be intermingled with walking and colliding seasons.


3 comments:

Carol Varsalona said...

Well done, Anita. I like the way you shared the seasons unfolding as a self-care message. I would love to read or hear that meditation message.

Barbara Edler said...

Beautiful post, Anita. I agree nature invites a kind of meditation. Perhaps the walking invites us to reflect. I completely agree that nature can often reflect our own ups and downs in life.

Ramona said...

I love the idea of walking and colliding seasons. It surprised me and intermingled is the perfect word to discuss your meditative process on this day.